Monday, December 19, 2005

Victory or Defeat. It's just as simple as that!

Last night President Bush delivered a war speech from the Oval Office. See full text here.

Europeans might be interested in this line:

"I also want to speak to those of you who did not support my decision to send troops to Iraq: I have heard your disagreement, and I know how deeply it is felt. Yet now there are only two options before our country -- victory or defeat. And the need for victory is larger than any president or political party, because the security of our people is in the balance. I don't expect you to support everything I do, but tonight I have a request: Do not give in to despair, and do not give up on this fight for freedom."

And finally the President called a spade a spade and talked abouth DEFEATISM. This was aimed directly at the Democrats.

"Defeatism may have its partisan uses, but it is not justified by the facts. For every scene of destruction in Iraq, there are more scenes of rebuilding and hope. For every life lost, there are countless more lives reclaimed. And for every terrorist working to stop freedom in Iraq, there are many more Iraqis and Americans working to defeat them. My fellow citizens: Not only can we win the war in Iraq, we are winning the war in Iraq."

Good for the President!!!!!

As Churchill said in a speech after Dunkirk, "Wars are not won by evacuations." Those words remain true for the 21st century fight againt fascism as well.

VICTORY!!

7 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger MonicaR said...

GW is doing a much better job standing up to the lefties. I commend him.

BTW - did you know that Murtha (the one advising pull-out of Iraq) was the guy who advised for pull-out in Mogadishu?

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Chas said...

Monica, It was that show of weakness that emboldened Osama against us!
GW must take the offensive in the press. The American people have foe too long been getting their opinions from the NATTERING NABOBS OF NEGITAVISM.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger MonicaR said...

Yes. I think OBL used to show 'Black Hawk Down' to illustrate the weakness of the US. He has referenced Mogadishu in some of his appearances.

I'm calling our PA Representative 'Mogadishu Murtha' from now on.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Alan McDonald said...

CH,

I loved your poll. Only 3 votes so far, must be you, Monica and me.

Anyway, here's the email I sent to my Congressman, Jim Walsh, on Monday:

Dear Mr. Walsh,

Today, December 19, 2005, I heard the President of the United States say that he has authorized warrantless searches against Americans, and that he will continue to do so. This is a flagrant violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, 50 U.S.C. ยง1801 et seq., and I hereby request that you institute impeachment proceedings against George W. Bush in the House of Representatives immediately.

I'm thinking of starting my own blog just so I can show a clock that counts the days it will take for a Republican Congress to Impeach a Republican President who not only broke the law but admitted it.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger MonicaR said...

G'head Alan. You're in good company. You've got Michael Moore and Babs Streisand in your corner!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Chas said...

Alan, Probably just as long as it took a Republican congress to impeach a Democratic one!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Alan_McDonald said...

Chas,

You may be right. Let's see now, that would be about four months from confession to impeachment. (8/18/98 - 12/18/98)

In case you want to keep track, go to my new blog:

http://i-clock.blogspot.com/

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

AMcD (formerly, and still sometimes, known as Alan McDonald)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.forret.com/tools/trackback.asp?title=Victory or Defeat. It's just as simple as that!&blog_name=Jeremiah's Helper&url=http://jeremiahshelper.blogspot.com/2005/12/victory-or-defeat-its-just-as-simple.html