Sunday, January 01, 2006

Is Bush Fair?

I was asked the question "Is Bush Fair" by a wealthy Indian businessman here in Dallas with whom I was having a couple of glasses of wine. My initial reaction was "yes", which brought out the eye rolling at the table.

Thinking about it later, I realized that nowhere in the Oath of the President does he promise to be fair. He does promise to faithfully execute the office and to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. As chief executive of the the his first order of business is to defend the country, and this the President has done well since 9/11. That's what counts.

5 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Cujo...Ruler of all!!! said...

Happy New Year...

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger MonicaR said...

What did your companion think? Was he the one rolling his eyes?

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Chas said...

Well Griz, he wasn't, but he gave me this look. Someone else at the table told him that I was a
Republican and of course I would say that. It was kind of a business meeting, so I didn't want to get into it.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger MonicaR said...

Well it's an interesting question - 'Is Bush fair?'

It's something I've never thought of - is he fair.

I've thought - is he defending the constitution as he has sworn to do? But I never thought of it in terms: Is he fair. It might have been interesting to turn that question back to the other people at the table - I'm dying to know what they think now!

Whenever I talk to an immigrant - from ANY other country - I always ask them what they think of the US and how do they like it here. I have never received ANY answer other than that they LOVE it here. (Especially the ones from Sudan...)

You would think that the wealthy Indian businessman would appreciate the capitalistic tendencies of our current President.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger DV said...

Fairness is a liberal concept. Is he honest, is he a man of his word, does he do what he swore in his Presidentia oath - THAT os what matters, The answer, I believe, is YES.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.forret.com/tools/trackback.asp?title=Is Bush Fair?&blog_name=Jeremiah's Helper&url=http://jeremiahshelper.blogspot.com/2006/01/is-bush-fair.html