Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Year without a Winter

January has finished up as the warmest on record here in north Texas. That may not be saying much, since Dallas was just settled 150 years ago, but it's still been pretty warm. Since winter started Dec. 21st, we have only had ONE HOUR when the temperature fell below FREEZING! I'm told this isn't due to global warming, but the fact that there is a west to east high level air stream blocking cold northern air from coming south. Right now I'm looking out the window to a totally blue sky and about 70 degrees . Why am I sitting here blogging, for heaven's sake!!!! I slept in, so I gotta shake the sleep off and get out there.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger MonicaR said...

We're having a very warm winter as well. I love snow but only one snow storm here in December or something - not even enough to play in.

It's saving on the heating bills but I do like to have a snowy winter. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.forret.com/tools/trackback.asp?title=The Year without a Winter&blog_name=Jeremiah's Helper&url=http://jeremiahshelper.blogspot.com/2006/02/year-without-winter.html