Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Don't Block the Blog


The don't block the blog here mentioned refers to blogspot being censored by ISPs in Pakistan because many blogs from the West contain the cartoons. I brought this up a week or two ago. However I now have concerns closer to our blogging world.

Our own Alison in London at Making Headlines seems to have had a dust-up with some British Muslim organization for outing their plans as to what kind of signs they were going to use at a London rally. Then all of a sudden, POOF!, no more making headlines! Somehow Alison had been whited out. A coincidence? I think not. Since the perpetrators of this Orwellian deed haven't the foggiest idea about the grit and pluck carried about by English women, I'm sure they were suprised with the speed with which our modern day Queen Boudica recovered her God given right of free expression on the web.

Please drop by her slightly "new" website and offer some encouragement! Keep up the fight Alison!

6 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger MonicaR said...

I guess the Moslems don't get that 'hell hath no fury' bit - do they?!

I am glad to see Alison back up and running again and the dirty deed perpetrated by the Moslems has just provoked me. Provoked me beyond all belief.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Chas said...

I hope they don't provoke YOU Monica. Bears loooove fresh meat!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Alan_McDonald said...

Speaking of Moslems, if you missed the story about Abdul Rahman, the Afghan man facing execution for converting to Christianity, here's a statement from Amnesty International.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger MonicaR said...

Thank you for that Alan. I thought Afghanistan had pledged to abide by the Human Rights thingamajig. We've all been hearing about how Sharia law supercedes anything and EVERYTHING apparently though....AI gets one right. God Bless 'Em!!

Chas - Grizzly Mama pissed off is not a pretty sight. I KNOW it's not very nice but I can't help it.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous alison said...

Hi

Thanks for the post Chas. I love that statue of Boudica, its one of my favourites in Londinium. Its also pretty imposing when you stand under it!

BTW my sister is in the UK next week and so ill stuff her luggage with a few bottles of HP sauce and get her to send to you when she gets back to the US. She lives in LA. You can email me at alisonfi@fmail.co.uk with your address. Of course once youre hooked youll pay the earth for that stuff!

I read the story about Abdul last week, thanks for the reminder Alan.

Sorry ive not been round to visit but it took ages to get that problem sorted in the end. The comments problem was a general blogger issue though, nothing too weird.

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous alison said...

Interesting read on Abdul and other stories over at Drinking from Home

http://drinkingfromhome.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.forret.com/tools/trackback.asp?title=Don't Block the Blog&blog_name=Jeremiah's Helper&url=http://jeremiahshelper.blogspot.com/2006/03/dont-block-blog.html