Sunday, April 09, 2006

Half a Million Take to Dallas Streets!!!

On this picture perfect spring day, Dallas saw the largest protest march in Texas history. Police estimated the crowd at between 350 to 500 thousand people. Some excellent pictures are here. With marches like these, I see no political will in Washington to take any stringent measures to protect our borders. The immigrants, legal and illegal, have a political jugernaut rolling that seems like it would be hard to turn back, given the fact that they are supported by President Bush, big business, the churches, the democrats, and the list could go on and on. The Catholic Church, of which I'm a member, has yet again taken a political side, the other being against the war, to which I am opposed. In fact, the march started at our Cathedral, and the Bishop joined in. I feel a bit abandoned by both my government and my church.

Now, in reality, I never expected nor wanted our government to roust out 11 million people in this country and frog-march them to the border. I would be happy if Washington would just from this day forward, enforce border security. The 11 million here would then need to be dealt with in a reasonable way, but in such a way as to not reward their lawbreaking! Is that too much to ask? Protect the country and not reward lawbreakers? I guess it is.


ADD ON: Ol' Chas himself thought of going to the march with my camera to get a few pics for the blog. After reading this, I'm glad I stayed home and visited Mom!

3 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger MonicaR said...

Good heavens. The experience that person had with his camera is terrible. I know that counter-protesting a peace rally can become quite dangerous - those peace lovers are violent and they don't like to see anything but their point of view!

I cannot believe what is happening in our country. It has to stop. What will it take? I think that your idea is very reasonable but apparently it is too much to ask.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Alison said...

holy cow.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Chas said...

Thanks for letting me know about that broken link Monica. Alison, holy cow indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.forret.com/tools/trackback.asp?title=Half a Million Take to Dallas Streets!!!&blog_name=Jeremiah's Helper&url=http://jeremiahshelper.blogspot.com/2006/04/half-million-take-to-dallas-streets.html